The best way to learn about the GLBT community of the NC State Center is to spend time with us. This can be accomplished by doing an internship during the academic year or the summer. It is a great way for masters or doctoral level students to get internship credit to fulfill academic requirements for programs such as Higher Education Administration or Counselor Education. We have also worked with such programs as Social Work and Psychology. If you are interested in doing an internship in the GLBT Center please fill out the form below.
Possible work for an intern at the GLBT Center includes the following:
- Creating a body of Prezi presentations to be used by Center members for frequently requested presentations
- Acting as TA for any GLBT-focused classes which may be offered
- Attending and assisting with GLBT group meetings for GLBT-CA and/or Coffee Talks
- Acting as a student government or student group liaison
- For graduate students only: providing evaluation research, including program evaluation and presentation evaluations
- Providing academic support for both graduate and undergraduate students
- Training students for Speaker’s Bureau on how to tell your Coming Out story and how to answer questions about coming out
- Assisting students with career planning
**Please note that these may change based on the GLBT Center’s needs.**
If you have any questions feel free to contact us by email at email@example.com or calling the center at 919-513-9742.
Below, you will find our internship application.